Patrick Bitature was born on May 10th, 1960, in Fort Portal, Kabarole District in the Western Region of Uganda. He was the first born in a middle-class family, where his father worked within the East African Community. When Patrick was 13 years old, his father was murdered during the Idi Amin regime. He then became the bread winner, first trading in sugar, bringing it from Kenya to areas of Uganda where it could not be found.
Bitature attended Namasagali College in Kamuli District for his O-Level education. While there, he was mentored by Father Damien Grimes. He later attended Nyakasura School in Fort Portal, Kabarole District for his A-Level education. He then studied at the London School of Accountancy in the United Kingdom, going on to join the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators.
In 1998, Patrick and his wife started Simba Telecom Limited. The company became a franchisee of MTN Uganda, which had just opened in the country. Since then, Simba Telecom has grown into the largest seller of MTN airtime in Uganda, with gross sales in excess of US$80 million in 2010. Over the years, he has formed other companies, to form the Simba Group of Companies, with subsidiaries in Uganda, Kenya, and Tanzania. He also serves on many Boards in Uganda and is an active philanthropist.
Doctorate of Philosophy in Humanities- United Graduate College and Seminary InternationalErnest & young entrepreneur of the year East Africa 2011East African Business Leader of the future by Price Waterhouse Coopers 2003
- Chairman Private Sector of Uganda (PSFU)
- Chairman Board of Directors UMEME
- Director CURE Children’s Hospital
- Patron of the Alliance of Mayors and Municipal leaders on HIV & Aids in Africa
- YUNUS Social Business Ambassador for Uganda)
- Honorary Consul for Australia
- Founder of Patrick & Carol Bitature Foundation
- Global GOALS Ambassador for Goal 8 on Good Jobs & Economic Growth
- Chairman of the Nyakasura School Alumni
- Board member Divestiture Reform Investment Committee
- Founder & Board Member MUBS Entrepreneurship club
- Member of the Harvard Kennedy School Dean’s Council
- Presidential Investment Roundtable
- Director of Ndejje Juu Aviation Company
- Board Member of the Father Grimes Foundation